The Sheriff's Office is currently accepting applications for Deputy Sheriff in the Detention Division. There are currently no other positions open. You may still place an application on file for future consideration. Applications can be picked up at the Sheriff's Office, or you can download the application by clicking on the link below.
The minimum qualifications for the Deputy Sheriff/Detention Division position that all applicants must meet include:
1) Age of 18
2) High School graduate or equilavent
3) Pass a written examination
4) Pass a background investigation
5) Pass an interview
6) Pass a physical examination
7) Be of good moral character
8) Any other standards set by law (Virginia Code Section 15.2-1705) or by policy of the Virginia Criminal Justice Services Board.
Applications may be picked up at the Sheriff's Office or click on the link below to download. Complete and return to the Sheriff's Office or mail to:
Southampton County Sheriff's Office
P. O. Box 70
Courtland VA 23837